Home » News » Public Safety
AG says body found in Unity is likely that of missing Charlestown woman
Senior Assistant Attorney General Jane E. Young said last night the body is believed to be that of Kelly Robarge, 42, of 124 Happy Acres Road. Dental records will be used to verify the identity. An autopsy will be done Sunday.
Officials have been looking for Robarge since she was reported missing June 27. She was last seen late that morning, and there has been no communication with family or friends since.
"There have been state cops flying up the road today," store owner Rob Spaulding said.
He said he saw the first cruiser pass about 9 a.m. and the last one in the early afternoon.
He said officials searching along Second New Hampshire Turnpike last week appeared to be focusing their efforts on West Unity and the opposite end of the road toward Lempster.
"This is horrible. Everybody wants closure...," Spaulding said.
Investigators declared Kelly Robarge's home a crime scene shortly after her disappearance. Scores of local, state and county officials have searched rural wooded areas, roadways and waterways in Charlestown, Claremont and Unity since then. Searches have also been done in border towns across the Vermont state line.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Motorist struck by car while changing tire on I-93 in Londonderry - 1
- Man, 60, found dead in burned Manchester apartment building; 1-year-old boy rescued - 1
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 1
- Carignan promoted to deputy police chief in Nashua - 0
- Alderman, chief have heated exchange over police residency requirements - 35
- Winter heating season means homeowners need to be alert - 0
- Teen driver hospitalized following accident in Rindge - 0
- Neighbor won't be charged in shooting death of Rumney chiropractor - 14
- Despite contract provisions, most Manchester police officers live outside city - 25
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH Notebook: Ground game is Stony Brook's rock - 0
- The debut of the 'The $30,000 Nutt' - 0
- How stable is this telephone pole? - 0
- Drew Cline: Two weeks before the election, no one is talking about guns - 1
- Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out - 2
- Debate rule No. 1: Don't crash - 0
- Obamacare takes center stage at 1st Congressional debate - 2
- NHIAA Field Hockey Roundup: Londonderry edges Central - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Brummett spurs Derryfield - 0
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out
UPDATED: Flood warning issued for southern NH; leaks force visitation to be cancelled at Goffstown women's prison
Jonee Earthquake band shakes Shaskeen