Home » News » Public Safety
Epsom teen was attempting to elude police prior to fatal crash early Sunday
Allen Field, 18, was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident on New Rye Road about 1 a.m. Sunday.
A preliminary investigation revealed that an Epsom police officer had attempted to stop the vehicle involved immediately prior to the crash.
"Epsom Police Officer Dana Flanders observed the vehicle behind the Epsom Central School located on Black Hall Road at approximately 1:00 a.m.," State Police said in a statement. "The suspicious location of the vehicle caused Officer Flanders to turn around in attempts to further investigate. When the operator of the vehicle observed Flanders's cruiser, the vehicle took off at an extremely high rate of speed on Black Hall Road traveling towards New Rye Road."
Officer Flanders followed the fleeing GTI for a short time, but ended pursuit realizing he would be unable to catch up, State Police said. A short time later Flanders came upon the wrecked Volkswagen, which had failed to negotiate a turn, striking a tree before coming to rest on the roof.
The accident is under investigation by the State Police Traffic Accident Reconstruction Team. Anyone with information is asked to call the Troop D barracks at 672-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Poll activity slow but steady in Londonderry - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus