Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: K-Fab lives her fashion dream at boutique
As someone with zero fashion sense who often buys clothing, diapers and floor cleaner during the same quick trip to Target, I appreciated the uniqueness of the pieces at K-Fab's.
I recently lamented the fact that a good Dueling Pianos show would be difficult to find around here with the closure of Boynton's Taproom. But Intown Manchester is helping us through the withdrawal process with an outdoor Dueling Pianos show at Veterans Park this Thursday. The performance will be the first in Intown's TD Bank Free Summer Concert Series that will be held every Thursday through Aug. 1.
And at Stark Park
A few blocks north at Stark Park, the "Friends" of the park have already begun their weekly live concerts at the beautiful bandstand. Performances by bands of various musical genres will be held every Sunday at 2 p.m. through Aug. 25. This Sunday is the Jimmy Lehoux Band. There are also a few Thursday evening shows, including a 6 p.m. performance of "Hansel and Gretel" by Opera NH on Aug. 15.
After the success of local band Recycled Percussion, everyone wants to make music with trash. On Friday, UNH Manchester music director Jamie Saucier can teach you how.
This Friday, Saucier will host Garage Band: Making Music from Trash from 10 to 11 a.m. in the 3rd Floor Auditorium at 400 Commercial St.
The event is free, but seating is limited. Visit www.nh365.org for more information about this fun event and other things to do in and around the Queen City.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pat Buchanan: China has begun prowling Asia like a hungry tiger - 2
- Thomas Sowell: Victimhood and race - 4
- Fred Hiatt: While Obama talked, Assad killed - 4
- Ramesh Ponnuru: Why the latest corporate tax cut plan won't work - 1
- Aidan Connell: Manchester Central educated this Hooksett student very well - 13
- Deroy Murdock; Fracking is 'greener' than environmentalists want to admit - 9
- Margaret Carlson: Is Obamacare challenging enough yet for President Obama? - 4
- George Will: Scott Walker, action figure governor - 1
- Charles Krauthammer: An outbreak of lawlessness - 1
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 1
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 0
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 0
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released