Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: K-Fab lives her fashion dream at boutique
As someone with zero fashion sense who often buys clothing, diapers and floor cleaner during the same quick trip to Target, I appreciated the uniqueness of the pieces at K-Fab's.
I recently lamented the fact that a good Dueling Pianos show would be difficult to find around here with the closure of Boynton's Taproom. But Intown Manchester is helping us through the withdrawal process with an outdoor Dueling Pianos show at Veterans Park this Thursday. The performance will be the first in Intown's TD Bank Free Summer Concert Series that will be held every Thursday through Aug. 1.
And at Stark Park
A few blocks north at Stark Park, the "Friends" of the park have already begun their weekly live concerts at the beautiful bandstand. Performances by bands of various musical genres will be held every Sunday at 2 p.m. through Aug. 25. This Sunday is the Jimmy Lehoux Band. There are also a few Thursday evening shows, including a 6 p.m. performance of "Hansel and Gretel" by Opera NH on Aug. 15.
After the success of local band Recycled Percussion, everyone wants to make music with trash. On Friday, UNH Manchester music director Jamie Saucier can teach you how.
This Friday, Saucier will host Garage Band: Making Music from Trash from 10 to 11 a.m. in the 3rd Floor Auditorium at 400 Commercial St.
The event is free, but seating is limited. Visit www.nh365.org for more information about this fun event and other things to do in and around the Queen City.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Another View -- Fred Hiatt: Disengage from the world, and this is what happens - 0
- David Harsanyi: Are teachers really underpaid? - 10
- Jonah Goldberg: The U.N. club needs higher standards - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 20
- Deroy Murdock: What if Gaza were San Diego instead? - 1
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 55
- Another View -- Charles Lane: Obamacare and the Constitution - 22
- John Stossel: Why are we giving the police so much power? - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Taxation without representation again? - 1
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 2
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 3
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
- Jays' Stroman stymies Red Sox - 0
Market Basket community waits and watches
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride