Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: K-Fab lives her fashion dream at boutique
As someone with zero fashion sense who often buys clothing, diapers and floor cleaner during the same quick trip to Target, I appreciated the uniqueness of the pieces at K-Fab's.
I recently lamented the fact that a good Dueling Pianos show would be difficult to find around here with the closure of Boynton's Taproom. But Intown Manchester is helping us through the withdrawal process with an outdoor Dueling Pianos show at Veterans Park this Thursday. The performance will be the first in Intown's TD Bank Free Summer Concert Series that will be held every Thursday through Aug. 1.
And at Stark Park
A few blocks north at Stark Park, the "Friends" of the park have already begun their weekly live concerts at the beautiful bandstand. Performances by bands of various musical genres will be held every Sunday at 2 p.m. through Aug. 25. This Sunday is the Jimmy Lehoux Band. There are also a few Thursday evening shows, including a 6 p.m. performance of "Hansel and Gretel" by Opera NH on Aug. 15.
After the success of local band Recycled Percussion, everyone wants to make music with trash. On Friday, UNH Manchester music director Jamie Saucier can teach you how.
This Friday, Saucier will host Garage Band: Making Music from Trash from 10 to 11 a.m. in the 3rd Floor Auditorium at 400 Commercial St.
The event is free, but seating is limited. Visit www.nh365.org for more information about this fun event and other things to do in and around the Queen City.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rep. Terie Norelli: New Hampshire workers deserve higher minimum wages - 0
- Les Bernal: Why don’t casino advocates and executives patronize casinos? - 0
- David Harsanyi: Do most Americans agree with Demsocrats? - 3
- Sam Cohen: ‘No compromise’ gun groups shoot themselves in the foot - 7
- Kathy Sullivan: Scott Brown’s prospects for a U.S. Senate win are poor - 17
- Deroy Murdock: A 'reset' with Russia that would get Putin's attention - 0
- Helen DePrima: How Obamacare worsened my health insurance - 20
- Jonah Goldberg: On Russia, Obama is stuck in the past - 3
- Ray Wieczorek: Joe Kenney is the man for the job - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'