Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: K-Fab lives her fashion dream at boutique
As someone with zero fashion sense who often buys clothing, diapers and floor cleaner during the same quick trip to Target, I appreciated the uniqueness of the pieces at K-Fab's.
I recently lamented the fact that a good Dueling Pianos show would be difficult to find around here with the closure of Boynton's Taproom. But Intown Manchester is helping us through the withdrawal process with an outdoor Dueling Pianos show at Veterans Park this Thursday. The performance will be the first in Intown's TD Bank Free Summer Concert Series that will be held every Thursday through Aug. 1.
And at Stark Park
A few blocks north at Stark Park, the "Friends" of the park have already begun their weekly live concerts at the beautiful bandstand. Performances by bands of various musical genres will be held every Sunday at 2 p.m. through Aug. 25. This Sunday is the Jimmy Lehoux Band. There are also a few Thursday evening shows, including a 6 p.m. performance of "Hansel and Gretel" by Opera NH on Aug. 15.
After the success of local band Recycled Percussion, everyone wants to make music with trash. On Friday, UNH Manchester music director Jamie Saucier can teach you how.
This Friday, Saucier will host Garage Band: Making Music from Trash from 10 to 11 a.m. in the 3rd Floor Auditorium at 400 Commercial St.
The event is free, but seating is limited. Visit www.nh365.org for more information about this fun event and other things to do in and around the Queen City.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefly dress could set the world on fire - 0
- After hand injury, Manchester spa owner didn't think she would ever be able to work again - 0
- Scene in Manchester: A no-holds-barred workout right on Elm Street - 1
- Scene in Manchester: Monsters on the loose, again - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: At Zaboo, 'You'll fit right in ...' - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene In Manchester: Tracking street crime is her game - 2
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Elm Street's resurgence includes a good workout - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Calling all area Muchachos - 0
- Scene in Manchester: Runners get ready to travel back in time - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Keene man arrested in assault on 2-year-old - 0
- House upholds three Gov. Hassan vetoes, ends 2014 session - 0
- Police say woman, daughters robbed of their purses in Manchester motel parking lot - 0
- UNH math professor wins 2014 MacArthur Fellowship - 0
- Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding? - 6
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 4
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 2
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 5
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof