Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: K-Fab lives her fashion dream at boutique
As someone with zero fashion sense who often buys clothing, diapers and floor cleaner during the same quick trip to Target, I appreciated the uniqueness of the pieces at K-Fab's.
I recently lamented the fact that a good Dueling Pianos show would be difficult to find around here with the closure of Boynton's Taproom. But Intown Manchester is helping us through the withdrawal process with an outdoor Dueling Pianos show at Veterans Park this Thursday. The performance will be the first in Intown's TD Bank Free Summer Concert Series that will be held every Thursday through Aug. 1.
And at Stark Park
A few blocks north at Stark Park, the "Friends" of the park have already begun their weekly live concerts at the beautiful bandstand. Performances by bands of various musical genres will be held every Sunday at 2 p.m. through Aug. 25. This Sunday is the Jimmy Lehoux Band. There are also a few Thursday evening shows, including a 6 p.m. performance of "Hansel and Gretel" by Opera NH on Aug. 15.
After the success of local band Recycled Percussion, everyone wants to make music with trash. On Friday, UNH Manchester music director Jamie Saucier can teach you how.
This Friday, Saucier will host Garage Band: Making Music from Trash from 10 to 11 a.m. in the 3rd Floor Auditorium at 400 Commercial St.
The event is free, but seating is limited. Visit www.nh365.org for more information about this fun event and other things to do in and around the Queen City.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: A chance to meet stars of GoShopNH - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Scout works to beautify Bicentennial Park - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parents share what 'CJ' taught them - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Sinners and saints of the Irish - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Young friends of the Currier - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Free Ray Brewer; No, forget I said that - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Some dance, others judge - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: When a tattoo is no longer for you - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Lessons learned on the ice - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Havenstein: 'I'm a pro-choice Republican'
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'