ATV trails open, signs start disappearing
The North Country Off Highway Recreational Vehicle Coalition is selling Ride the Wilds signs. Cost is $15 plus $3.56 for shipping. They can be ordered with a check or money order for $18.56 at Box 318, Colebrook, NH 03576.
"Souvenir hunters. They're a very attractive sign," he said of the 800 four-color markers on the trails.
Brown hopes the solution will come in offering people the opportunity to legally buy their own 8-by-6 inch signs, partially reflective, and identical to the ones on the trails.
About a half-dozen trail signs have been taken, he said.
"It's not a financial setback at all. But it's more than a nuisance, and it's wrong. It could be a safety issue if riders can't tell what trail they're on," he said.
"We want to put real pressure on people not to do it," Brown said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Author uses music to teach kids the art of storytelling - 0
- Heritage Day contest in Errol is a cut above - 0
- Cher's Manchester concert postponed for 2nd time - 0
- Make Blaze Orange Your Fall Fashion Statement - 0
- Senior News: Donation made to help Families First expand dental care for seniors - 0
- Thousands gather for Marlborough's annual town-wide celebration - 0
- Kids, seniors complete in inaugural DeMar races in Keene over weekend - 0
- Hudson girl and her family continue race against time - 0
- Free Outdoor Adventure Talk – Hunting Dominant Bucks - 0
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Heritage Day contest in Errol is a cut above
Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads
Dredging planned for Milford's Osgood Pond