Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Merrimack woman charged with lying about home invasion
Police say Mary Watson, 42, of 62 Bates Road, called police on June 30 reporting that three men had entered her residence through the basement and were causing damage to the inside of the home.
When authorities arrived to investigate, they were told that the men had fled the area into the surrounding woods. Local and state police began a search of the area, however a canine was not able to locate anyone.
"While at the scene, Merrimack detectives were able to piece evidence together that led them to believe the report was false," police said in a release. "Watson later admitted to making up the report of the home invasion, and that she in fact had caused the damage herself."
She was arrested Saturday and charged with providing a false report to law enforcement. Watson is free on $1,500 personal recognizance bail, and will be arraigned July 16 at the 9th Circuit Court, Merrimack Division.
READER COMMENTS: 11
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 2
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 4
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 37
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 6
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917