Manchester superintendent, school officials to meet on curriculum revamp
The school district recently received results of an audit showing it needed to improve its comprehensive written curriculum management plan. The district also is in the process of embedding Common Core State Standards into its curriculum, which is a road map for what is taught in the classrooms.
“At some point, what I’d like to see is we add examples for parents to see, so it’s just not particular statements,” she said. “Parents should be able to see what that looks like, so if they want to help their child at home, they have a better concept of what that looks like.”
School board member Sarah Ambrogi, who chairs the curriculum and instruction committee, said she is more than satisfied with Livingston’s performance so far.
School districts are not required to follow the Common Core standards. They can choose to adopt it entirely, pick just the parts they like, or not use it at all.
“Since we have a chance for early implementation, getting the 30,000-foot view is better than picking and choosing,” Livingston said.
“It takes time for teachers to develop expertise,” Livingston said.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Drew Cline: Rand Paul's coalition vs. Ted Cruz's army - 5
- Another View -- Jeff Goley and Will Infantine: Time for an increase in weekly benefits for NH unemployed - 4
- George Will: Understanding our divisions - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Attorney General Eric Holder's race card - 0
- Another View -- Bobby Jindal: NH should trust parents to choose schools - 14
- Charles Arlinghaus: A $400 million hole was just blown in the state budget - 5
- Thomas Sowell: Fraudulent stats behind 'equal pay' claims - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: The left's arrogant groupthink - 0
- Rep. Adam Schroadter: Penalties for marijuana use in NH should fit the crime - 10
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Legal Perspective -- Health care decision making: Pending legislation fills gap - 0
- GoShopNH offers workshop to NH artisans on selling their products online - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Be a student of your profession - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Lacrosse: Bedford proving Division I-worthy - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Londonderry's Corey escapes seventh-inning jam in win - 0
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Top-ranked B's seek to tie up series - 0
- Bottoms up for Red Sox in win over Orioles - 0
- Struggling Fisher Cats defeated again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire