Home » News » Public Safety
Two fatal accidents mar holiday weekend
An 18-year-old man was killed in a single-car accident on New Rye Road in Epsom early Sunday morning after a police officer broke off a high speed chase.
State Police said Epsom officer Dana Flanders had noticed the car parked behind the Epsom Central School.
Flanders reported he broke off the chase due to the extreme speed at which the Volkswagen was traveling, police said.
Members of the State Police Traffic Accident Reconstruction Team are asking any member of the public who may have seen the accident to call Troop D at 223-4381.
Police said speed appeared to be a factor when Jutras apparently lost control of the 2000 GMC Sierra pickup in front of 287 Route 121 around 10:30 p.m., according to police.
Two motorcycles collided on Route 107 in Deerfield shortly after 10:30 a.m. Sunday.
One rider suffered a compound leg fracture in the crash near 311 North Road. That rider was flown by helicopter to a Boston hospital as a precaution.
One man was airlifted to a Maine hospital after a Rochester motorcycle crash in which the driver of a minivan was charged with running a red light.
While crossing Washington Street, Kinneavy's van was struck by a motorcycle driven by David McComb, 52, of Belmont, and then struck a second motorcycle traveling with him. The second Harley Davidson motorcycle was driven by Peter McKinnon, of Concord. McKinnon's age wasn't given.
David McComb was airlifted to a Maine hospital for treatment. Terry McComb was taken to Frisbie Memorial Hospital for her injuries.
Two passengers in Kinneavy's vehicle were not injured. None of the people on the motorcycles were wearing helmets.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 0
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 1
- Driver hits Rochester monument, rolls car and is trapped - 0
- Nashua firefighters put out two fires; 14 people forced out in Palm Street blaze - 0
- Two injured in late night car crash in Londonderry - 0
- Hampton Falls woman charged with striking Rye police officer with her car - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 6
- Family of slain journalist James Foley calls for more action to save others - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: A short history of the spice trade - 0
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
Hassan, Havenstein both raise nearly $2m