Home » News » Public Safety
Two fatal accidents mar holiday weekend
An 18-year-old man was killed in a single-car accident on New Rye Road in Epsom early Sunday morning after a police officer broke off a high speed chase.
State Police said Epsom officer Dana Flanders had noticed the car parked behind the Epsom Central School.
Flanders reported he broke off the chase due to the extreme speed at which the Volkswagen was traveling, police said.
Members of the State Police Traffic Accident Reconstruction Team are asking any member of the public who may have seen the accident to call Troop D at 223-4381.
Police said speed appeared to be a factor when Jutras apparently lost control of the 2000 GMC Sierra pickup in front of 287 Route 121 around 10:30 p.m., according to police.
Two motorcycles collided on Route 107 in Deerfield shortly after 10:30 a.m. Sunday.
One rider suffered a compound leg fracture in the crash near 311 North Road. That rider was flown by helicopter to a Boston hospital as a precaution.
One man was airlifted to a Maine hospital after a Rochester motorcycle crash in which the driver of a minivan was charged with running a red light.
While crossing Washington Street, Kinneavy's van was struck by a motorcycle driven by David McComb, 52, of Belmont, and then struck a second motorcycle traveling with him. The second Harley Davidson motorcycle was driven by Peter McKinnon, of Concord. McKinnon's age wasn't given.
David McComb was airlifted to a Maine hospital for treatment. Terry McComb was taken to Frisbie Memorial Hospital for her injuries.
Two passengers in Kinneavy's vehicle were not injured. None of the people on the motorcycles were wearing helmets.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Poll activity slow but steady in Londonderry - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus