NH firefighters attending service for Ariz. brothers
Bob Welch, a firefighter assigned to the Amory Street station, is attending in his capacity as a drum major with the New Hampshire Professional Firefighters Pipes and Drums, said Manchester Fire Chief James Burkush.
Also expected to be on hand today is Durham firefighter Scott McGrath, a former member of the Arizona Granite Mountain Hotshots.
Today’s ceremony will be on the minds of firefighters across the Granite State, said David Lang, president of the 2,000-member NHPFF.“Locally, every firefighter’s thoughts and hearts and minds will be with the families and loved ones of those who paid the ultimate sacrafice,” Lange said.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.