Man accused of ‘shooting up’ in Manchester claims he was just trying to help
July 08. 2013 9:28PM
MANCHESTER — A police prosecutor Monday sought $3,000 cash/surety bail for a man charged with possession of a narcotic drug.
Police prosecutor Carissa Pelletier told Circuit Court-Manchester District Division Judge William Lyons that officers saw Michael Demeulle, 54, of 452 Pine St., “shooting up” in front of 867 Elm St. about 1 a.m. Monday.
But Demeulle assured the judge that the officers were mistaken. Demeulle said he went to the aid of someone in medical distress. “I stopped to help,” said Demeulle and picked up a hypodermic needle. It had just a little of a substance in it, he said, seeking to demonstrate with two fingers close together.
Lyons set bail at $2,000 cash/surety, but it won’t be effective unless a 72-hour probation/parole hold on an earlier conviction is lifted. A probable cause hearing was set for July 22.
The man Demeulle said he stopped to help, Christopher Willott, 21, of 99 Hanover St., was arraigned on charges of disorderly conduct, criminal mischief, contempt and possession of a narcotic. The drug charge stems from a July 4 arrest.
Willott told Lyons about Monday morning’s incident: “I had a seizure.” Willott said he has seizures every day and usually goes to the Elliot Hospital. He said he also suffers from PTSD, so when he was taken to Catholic Medical Center, he was disoriented.
But Willott insisted he was innocent of the charges, which allege he was disorderly at CMC, punched a hand sanitizer dispenser, knocking it off the wall, shoved wheelchairs around and refused to leave the area.
“I didn’t know what was going on,” he said.
Willott was out on $1,000 personal recognizance bail on a July 4 drug arrest when he was arrested Monday, so he was charged with contempt of court.Pelletier requested $3,000 cash/surety bail, but Willott pleaded for a break and Lyons set bail on the new charges at $1,000 cash/surety. A probable cause hearing on the felony was set for July 22. Trial on the remaining charges was set for Aug. 7.
Dispute blamed for stabbing
Philip Ramasci, 32, of 20 Orange St., could enter no plea Monday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to a first-degree assault charge that alleges he stabbed a neighbor in the wrist.
The 57-year-old victim told police he was normally friendly with his neighbor, Ramasci, but on Friday an ongoing dispute apparently escalated. He said Ramasci arrived at his apartment door and stabbed him with a kitchen knife, causing a minor cut to the wrist.
Bail was set at $5,000 cash/surety for Ramasci Monday and a probable cause hearing on the felony was set for July 22.
Says name wasn’t on docket
When Circuit Court-Manchester District Division Judge William Lyons asked Roland Iller why he failed to show up for a deferred sentence hearing last month, Iller said he showed up with his lawyer. He added: “My name wasn’t on the docket, so we left.”
Lyons said that was because Iller, 25, of 244 Wilson St., showed up on the wrong day.
Iller insisted he showed up on the date on his paperwork. He also said he completed the program required as a condition of having the deferred sentence on two assault convictions suspended. He will have another chance to get the deferred sentence suspended Aug. 13, if he brings proof he completed the program.
Aug. 13 is also the date set for his trial on new charges of theft by unauthorized taking and contempt of court, for allegedly committing new crimes while out on bail. Iller is accused of taking two bottles of laundry detergent, valued at $36 from Hannaford on John Devine Drive. Conditions of his $1,000 cash/surety bail bar him from the Hannaford.
Cell phone as weapon
Casey McColgan Guerin, 29, of 8 Donald St., pleaded innocent Monday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to a misdemeanor charge of simple assault that alleges she hit her boyfriend in the head with a cell phone Sunday.
Bail was continued at $500 personal recognizance, with conditions barring contact with the alleged victim and barring her from a specific Douglas Street address. Trial was set for Sept. 16.
Tried to take ring
A city man accused of grabbing his girlfriend’s hand and trying to pull a ring off her finger pleaded innocent Monday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to a charge of simple assault.
Alland Pierre Jr., 29, of 414 Hevey St., is accused of trying to remove the ring from his girlfriend’s hand July 3 at Amory and McGregor streets.
Conditions of his $1,000 personal recognizance bail bar contact with the alleged victim and bar him from the Hevey Street address. Trial was set for Sept. 16.
Assault, threatening charges
Bail was continued at $1,000 personal recognizance Monday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division for Gabriel Pavnick, 34, of 68 Croteau Court.
Pavnick pleaded innocent to two charges of simple assault that allege he punched his ex-wife on the right side of her face and pushed her against a wall at Croteau Court Friday. He’s also accused of threatening her, telling her if she pushed a button, he would hit her.
Bail conditions bar Pavnick from contacting his ex-wife and bar him from a Royal Gardens residence in Concord. Trial was set for Sept. 16.