Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Robarge homicide records: Police found blood, drag marks
Her estranged husband, James R. Robarge, 43, was arraigned Monday on a fugitive from justice charge in Windham District Court in Brattleboro, Vt. He faces a charge of second-degree murder for recklessly causing Kelly Robarge's death by inflicting trauma to her body using homicidal violence, Assistant Attorney General Susan Morrell said.
Kelly Robarge's body was discovered Saturday in Unity, more than a week after law enforcement officials launched an extensive search for her. James Robarge had been estranged from his wife for several months, Morrell said, and living at his father's home in Saxton's River, Vt.
According to the affidavit, Robarge reported Kelly Robarge, 42, missing to one of their two adult daughters.
Robarge allegedly told his daughter he found his 1-year-old grandson on the couch crying with "no sign of Kelly, who was supposed to be baby sitting."
It was family friend Eiron Kimball who called Charlestown police to report Kelly missing, after Ciera Robarge called her.
Using cell phone records, Claremont police officer Eric Fosterling located James Robarge walking on the 2nd NH Turnpike in Unity shortly before 6 p.m., about 100 yards away from his broken-down 2000 Volkswagen Jetta.
Robarge said he had been in the area looking for his wife when his car broke down.
Soon after, a state trooper arrived and observed Robarge had injuries to his thumbs and index fingers, abrasions down his neck in a downward motion and scratch marks on his left chest and torso, which he told the officers were from his dogs.
When asked about his shirt, Robarge told police he hadn't worn one that day.
According to the affidavit, Robarge said he had consumed alcohol, so he was taken to the Claremont police station. He allowed the officers to take several items from him, including two knives.
"The remains were located a short distance off the path, in an area where it appeared more oil had spilled and the grass was trampled down, consistent with a vehicle backing up and stopping. The female body was clothed in blue sweat type pants, with a white and red strip on each leg. The body had decomposed and had been obviously attacked by animals. A skull and jaw were found nearby the torso. On the torso's lower back was a tattoo of the humming bird and flowers," the affidavit said.
During an interview, Ciera Robarge told a state trooper that "her father told her that her mother is having an affair, and that her mother is planning to take the house and truck in the divorce."
In a brief arraignment in court Monday, public defender Mimi Brill said Robarge was not waiving his right to fight extradition. She requested bail.
Suntag had increased bail on Sunday to $100,000 after Robarge was charged with second-degree murder.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say North Hampton man distributed child sex abuse images - 0
- Sexual assault charge in Keene - 0
- Keene man charged with threatening Nelson teen with gun - 0
- More details released about Nashua drive-by shooting - 0
- Portsmouth man charged with two felony drug counts - 0
- Affidavits show woman was shot as feds conducted downtown Manchester drug raid - 0
- Newton man charged with kidnapping, sexual assault of 15-year-old Mass. girl - 1
- Two felony charges for alleged Portsmouth drug dealer - 0
- Nashua man arrested in violent purse snatching - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
- Total Votes: 917