Nackey S. Loeb School seeks First Amendment protectors
Nominations are open for the school’s 11th annual First Amendment Award, honoring diligence in protecting free press and free speech liberties. Recipients will be recognized Nov. 12 at a luncheon at the Executive Court Conference Center in Manchester.
Award details and nomination forms are available at www.loebschool.org or by calling the school at 627-0005. The deadline for nominations is Sept 13.
Past recipients include former New Hampshire Attorney General Philip McLaughlin, former Keene Sentinel Executive Editor Thomas F. Kearney, The Laconia Citizen, political activist and former legislator Daniel Hughes, former Dover City Councilor David Scott, Londonderry High School Journalism Advisor Mary Lukas, First Amendment attorney William Chapman, former ConVal School Board member Gail Pierson Cromwell, The Portsmouth Herald and David Lang and the Professional Fire Fighters of New Hampshire.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dodgers shut out Cardinals in NLCS Game 3 - 0
- Manchester Memorial grad Chris Lambert enters Boston College Hall of Fame - 1
- Finally, Tampa Bay's Sam Fuld gets to meet new son - 0
- Rays blank Indians in wild card game, headed to Boston for ALDS - 0
- Conway’s Locke left off Pirates’ playoff roster - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Playoff roster is Farrell's job - 0
- Cardinals' Chris Carpenter to headline Granite State Baseball Dinner - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Triangle Credit Union on Manchester's Candia Road hit by robber - 0
- Fire destroys South Hampton barn - 0
- Dover woman charged after crash into Dover toll plaza - 0
- Thornton woman hit by car in Campton - 0
- Boy out walking hit, injured by Jeep in Newton - 0
- Police investigating why Maine woman died in Somersworth apartment - 0
- PSU releases details of Councilor Ray Burton memorial service - 0
- Body found floating in Portsmouth - 0
- Spofford crash seriously injures two - 0
Victims of Kwiatkowski devastated by illness
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown cites NH as example of Obamacare 'trainwreck,' will keynote NHGOP event
Fred Hiatt: While Obama talked, Assad killed
- Should schools do more to police food and beverages consumed at school?
- Total Votes: 112