Home » News » Public Safety
2-alarm blaze destroys Farmington home
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded to 59 Hawthorne Hill Road at 10:13 p.m. By the time firefighters arrived, heavy fire had enveloped the 2½-story home, according to Fire Chief Richard Fowler.
“We’re not in a hydrant district,” Fowler said, adding the fire was about four to five miles from the nearest water supply — a hydrant to the south in Rochester.
“We appreciate all we get from the town. They’ve been very supportive of the fire department,” Fowler said.
“The car and the garage were steaming, but the wind was going our way,” Fowler said. “If it wasn’t, we probably would have lost it.”
Firefighters continue to investigate the cause of the fire, which is undetermined.
Fowler said crews were assisted at the scene by firefighters from Alton, Barnstead, Middleton, Milton, New Durham, Rochester, Strafford and Wolfeboro. He added Somersworth firefighters provided station coverage.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
- Chief to Chef: Charlestown veteran chief leaving for food venture - 0
- Fire Marshal's Office didn't condemn school's historic stage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- AG: Failed suicide attempt led to expectant couple's deaths - 5
- Glitches tied to Medicaid rollout now resolved, officials say - 0
- Rockingham County Attorney files lawsuit to access office, but doors remain locked - 0
- Former Ambassador Bolton criticizes Kuster's 'lack of knowledge' on Libya - 3
- Man wanted in Vermont arrested after high-speed chase in Rochester - 1
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Top NH political pros to head new Boston office of nationally-known consulting firm
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072