Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Mass. man gets 30 months for robberies in NH, Mass.
Joseph Costello, 27, was accused of a July 2, 2012, robbery in Salem in which police said he entered a Shaw’s supermarket and passed a note to the teller at an in-store Citizens Bank.
A note would be handed to the teller or store employee saying a bomb had been placed in the building and would be detonated by a third party unless Costello was provided with money.
Police said at the time of the Salem robbery that a dye pack in the money bag exploded as Costello carried it from the store, causing him to run off without the money. A police dog tracked him to a nearby convenience store parking lot, but the trail ended there.
Costello, a veteran of military service in Afghanistan, was sentenced in U.S. District Court in Concord.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Traffic signal stop leads to drug arrest in Merrimack - 0
- Good Samaritans track downman accused of stealing purse - 0
- Derry police receive grant to conduct underage drinking buys - 0
- Jaffrey couple agrees to pay $600,000 to state and fraud victims - 0
- Ex-Salem police officer may settle assault case instead of going on trial - 0
- Man named 'Stoner' busted on pot charge - 0
- State police investigate vandalism spree in Cheshire and Sullivan counties - 0
- Dover man faces charges in Rochester shooting - 0
- National Guard troops to leave Ferguson - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox held to one hit as Angels coast to win - 0
- Market Basket: Analysts point to debt - 0
- Goffstown CIP committee wraps up for year, sends work to planning board - 0
- Holloman’s fotball career is over in Dallas due to injury - 0
- Tringale in contention at The Barclays - 0
- UNH Notebook: UNH offense outpaces defense in annual Blue/White contest - 0
- Carey Classic set for tonight in Manchester - 0
- U.S. opens criminal probe into death - 0
- Pope calls Foleys to offer his condolences - 0
Market Basket: Analysts point to debt
Historic Merrimack bridge to be replaced
Hassan, Havenstein both raise nearly $2m
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917