Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
In Manchester, police say last week was a week for burglars
Between July 1 and July 7, police investigated 30 burglaries at homes and businesses, police said.
The 25 residential burglaries were clustered in densely packed neighborhoods, generally from Lake Avenue into the city's West Side.
Police say burglaries at homes happen increasingly during the summer months, when residents are on vacation.
• Secure windows and if you keep a window open, use a wireless window alarm that will activate if someone tries to raise the window.
• Don't provide obvious signs that you are away. Have someone mow your lawn, and don't mention vacation plans on social media, which can be accessed by would-be burglars.
• Secure window-mount air conditioners so intruders can't push them in to gain access.
• Call police if door-to-door salespeople make you nervous. Some people go door-to-door seeking empty houses.
• Use shades to keep people from being tempted by what is inside your home.
• Use timers for inside lights and a radio when you are away.
• Don't put the boxes for new, big-ticket electronics at the curb on trash day.
Police also advise homeowners to look after each other by calling police when they spot suspicious people in the neighborhood.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Man claims rights were violated during investigation - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- Salem man arrested for alleged bathroom videotaping - 0
- OHRV trail official hopes arrest will deter others - 0
- One arrested in fight near Manchester Super 8 - 0
- Alleged home invasion accomplice says his testimony was coerced - 0
- Brookline man arrested for allegedly lying about accident - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 3
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
- Obama to announce ramped-up efforts to beat Ebola - 0
- Quake strikes northeast of Tokyo, no reports of serious damage - 0
- Hassan was right: 'Bullying' bill goes too far - 2
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
DWI license revocations
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917