Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Manchester police officer charged in domestic case
Police said William Soucy, 52, turned himself in to police and was charged with misdemeanor assault. He was booked and released on his own recognizance.
Soucy is a Manchester police patrolman and will be placed on modified working conditions, said Assistant Chief Nick Willard. Such conditions typically mirror bail restrictions, and Willard said police must review the bail restrictions before he could discuss details of Soucy’s work limitations.
A two-sentence statement about the arrest gives few details of the assault.
But the alleged victim’s lawyer, Manchester alderman Joe Kelly Levasseur, said Soucy reportedly placed his forearm on the woman’s chest to brace her against the wall and prevent her from leaving his apartment.
Her finger was injured and she received bruises from the incident, said Levasseur, a high-profile critic of the department.
He said she is contemplating a civil lawsuit against Soucy once the criminal case is resolved.
Manchester police had to locate the alleged victim, and when she was reluctant to speak they provided her with victim counseling services through the YWCA. Eventually, she decided to speak to police, Willard said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus