Home » News » Public Safety
Skateboarder seriously injured in Middleton
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded to 47 Adams Way at 8:20 p.m.
"He must have taken a real good fall," Police Chief Randy Sobel said. The man sustained contusions, but the head and neck injuries were the bigger concern, the chief said.
Sobel said firefighters requested a helicopter to transport the man, but weather prevented an air evacuation to Dartmouth-Hitchcock, Boston or Portland, Maine.
As a result, Sobel said a Middleton ambulance transported the man to Route 16 where it was met by paramedics from Frisbie Memorial Hospital in Rochester.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 1
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 2
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate