Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Judge refuses to accept guilty plea in Manchester assault case
Karasi told the judge he wanted to plead guilty, but Michael refused to accept the pleas. He said because the new drug charge would be a second offense, and could result in jail time, Karasi should speak with an attorney before entering a guilty plea.
Has alternate explanation
Jon Orme, 25, pleaded innocent Wednesday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to charges of simple assault, criminal mischief, resisting arrest and violation of a domestic violence protective order. Trial was set for Aug. 13.
Court documents show the woman told police Orme hit her because he said she was taking too long in the bathroom. He claimed she has mental health issues and he was trying to shift her focus.
She told police Orme was in the residence Tuesday, in violation of the order. Court documents show police reported Orme could be seen in the residence, but refused to respond to requests to open the door. Another key was obtained, access was gained and Orme was arrested.
Offers excuse for missing court
Patricia Lanier, 44, who lists the homeless shelter as her address, told Circuit Court-Manchester District Division Judge Gregory Michael on Wednesday that she missed her scheduled May 13 court date on a simple assault charge because she had a broken wrist.
Lanier also faces charges in Hillsborough County Superior Court North. She was indicted by the May Hillsborough County North Grand Jury for second-degree assault of a man in 2011 and by the March grand jury for aggravated felonious sexual assault of a young teen boy in 2012.
Police prosecutor Lt. Peter Favreau Wednesday sought $500 cash/surety bail for a Concord woman being arraigned on a disorderly conduct charge in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division. Favreau also requested a bail condition requiring the woman complete the booking process at the Manchester Police Department before being released.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Driver overdosing on heroin causes crash - 0
- Hill sex offender arrested for 2012 arson of own home in Northfield - 0
- Deliberations begin in trial of former Derry man accused of sex assault - 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bedford used pick-six to beat Central - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bishop Guertin completes miracle, makes playoffs with win over Nashua South - 0
- NHIAA Football Roundup: Souhegan closes out season with a win - 0
- NHIAA Football: Londonderry edges Salem in wild finish - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
Dartmouth women skaters beat Union
Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483