Home » News » Public Safety
Derry police to buy new cameras for cruisers
With the funds, Police Chief Ed Garone said the department will be able to buy two new cameras, as well as the server, software and other equipment needed to upgrade the equipment.
The new cameras will improve quality for both the pictures and sound, and will save the department time as the software will automatically download the recordings as the cruisers pull into the parking lot of the police station.
Garone said the department will continue to seek funding for the remaining cameras over the next several years through grants and other methods.Councilor Mark Osborne asked Garone how effective he thinks it is to have cameras in the police cruisers.
"We do receive complaints on occasion, and since we have had the equipment, we have been able to review incidents," said Garone. "Not to my surprise, the officers have acted properly."
"From the camera, it was very apparent that the cruiser was at a green light and that the person turned on the red light," Anderson said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 9
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid ID'd - 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 2
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
- Drew Cline: When Republicans turn off Republicans - 2
- Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH - 0
- Surprise, surprise: Obamacare funds abortions - 3
- Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over - 0
- Jarrett M. Cote - 0
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
USNH's raw deal: Part deux
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over