Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua prepares to launch alert system
So far, more than 250 people have already pre-registered for the free CodeRED notification system that will be activated in Nashua in about two weeks, according to Justin Kates, director of emergency management.
According to Kates, every landline phone in Nashua will be automatically subscribed to the alerts, while residents with cell phones will have to subscribe manually.
Citizens will be able to apply to as few or as many alerts as they desire, including police department postings, fire notices, road closures, power outage updates, municipal meetings and more.
“People want to know what is going on in this community.
Residents, people who live in neighboring towns and people who work in Nashua want to be informed,” said Kates, who is trying to get the word out now so that as many people as possible will be able to subscribe once the system is activated.
Kates said individuals who pre-register will receive an email from the city notifying them of when the system has been activated later this month, with instructions on how to officially subscribe.
To pre-register for the system, visit www.nashuanh.gov/codered.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 9
- Dozens of ill Keith Urban fans treated at concert near Boston - 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 2
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 5
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 3
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Taxation without representation again? - 2
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 3
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 2
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 4
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
Market Basket community waits and watches
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Punch line: The NFL blows it
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'