Home » News » Public Safety
Natural gas ruled out as cause of Nashua fire
"The identity is still being withheld to protect the family's privacy. If they want to release it, they can do that," said Cynthia Bautista, Nashua fire marshal. The gender and age of the victim is also being withheld.
Crews returned to the fire scene on Thursday, picking through the rubble and shoring up the building.
Although the origin and cause of the fire have not yet been determined, she said, fire investigators have ruled out natural gas as the cause of the two-alarm blaze.
Bautista described the blaze as "pretty unique" but refused to elaborate on why the fire was so unusual in nature.
Once crews extinguished some of the blaze and firefighters were able to get inside of the building to search, the victim's body was discovered, Schultz said earlier, refusing to comment on where the person was found inside of the house.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
- Pre-St. Pat's party at UMass turns violent, 43 arrested - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth