Home » News » Public Safety
Natural gas ruled out as cause of Nashua fire
Fire officials gather at the scene of a fatal fire Wednesday evening in Nashua where one person was killed. The victim's identity is still being withheld. (KIMBERLY HOUGHTON/Union Leader Correspondent)
"The identity is still being withheld to protect the family's privacy. If they want to release it, they can do that," said Cynthia Bautista, Nashua fire marshal. The gender and age of the victim is also being withheld.
Crews returned to the fire scene on Thursday, picking through the rubble and shoring up the building.
Although the origin and cause of the fire have not yet been determined, she said, fire investigators have ruled out natural gas as the cause of the two-alarm blaze.
Bautista described the blaze as "pretty unique" but refused to elaborate on why the fire was so unusual in nature.
Once crews extinguished some of the blaze and firefighters were able to get inside of the building to search, the victim's body was discovered, Schultz said earlier, refusing to comment on where the person was found inside of the house.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
- Epsom trucker, 65, killed in I-93 crash in Salem - 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
- Crews on scene of accident on I-93 in Salem - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 1
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 3
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 4
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.