Home » News » Public Safety
Explosion, fire claim a life in Nashua
Nashua firefighters were called to this two-story residence at 7 Carlisle Road shortly after 2 p.m. Wednesday for an explosion and fire that claimed a life. (KIM HOUGHTON PHOTO)
Fire officials are not yet releasing the name of the individual found dead in the rubble of the house at 7 Carlisle Road. An autopsy will be conducted Friday morning, but in the meantime, fire officials say they are not providing the gender or age of the victim until family members can be notified.
City firefighters were called to the two-story residence shortly after 2 p.m. for a reported explosion and fire. Schultz said he is unsure whether an initial search of the home took place when firefighters arrived.
The explosion blew off a side wall of the house, according to Schultz, who said a garage door also separated itself from the structure.
The heat melted the siding of the house next door to the corner lot. However, on the other end of the home, flowers were still blooming on a vine that clung to a second-floor deck.
"I looked out and flames were coming out of everywhere, out of all the windows," she said. "The heat was so intense, I didn't go outside."
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Weare Deputy Chief Sean Kelly set to manage Weare Police Department - 0
- Lizard in food sends 300 schoolchildren to hospital - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Communications giant chips in for generator for Derry FD - 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem