Home » News » Public Safety
Explosion, fire claim a life in Nashua
Nashua firefighters were called to this two-story residence at 7 Carlisle Road shortly after 2 p.m. Wednesday for an explosion and fire that claimed a life. (KIM HOUGHTON PHOTO)
Fire officials are not yet releasing the name of the individual found dead in the rubble of the house at 7 Carlisle Road. An autopsy will be conducted Friday morning, but in the meantime, fire officials say they are not providing the gender or age of the victim until family members can be notified.
City firefighters were called to the two-story residence shortly after 2 p.m. for a reported explosion and fire. Schultz said he is unsure whether an initial search of the home took place when firefighters arrived.
The explosion blew off a side wall of the house, according to Schultz, who said a garage door also separated itself from the structure.
The heat melted the siding of the house next door to the corner lot. However, on the other end of the home, flowers were still blooming on a vine that clung to a second-floor deck.
"I looked out and flames were coming out of everywhere, out of all the windows," she said. "The heat was so intense, I didn't go outside."
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Nashua man critical after being hit by box truck - 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinnaRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- 'Bingo hunting' police use random license plate checks to make arrest - 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
Dartmouth women skaters beat Union
Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison