Home » News » Public Safety
Explosion, fire claim a life in Nashua
Nashua firefighters were called to this two-story residence at 7 Carlisle Road shortly after 2 p.m. Wednesday for an explosion and fire that claimed a life. (KIM HOUGHTON PHOTO)
Fire officials are not yet releasing the name of the individual found dead in the rubble of the house at 7 Carlisle Road. An autopsy will be conducted Friday morning, but in the meantime, fire officials say they are not providing the gender or age of the victim until family members can be notified.
City firefighters were called to the two-story residence shortly after 2 p.m. for a reported explosion and fire. Schultz said he is unsure whether an initial search of the home took place when firefighters arrived.
The explosion blew off a side wall of the house, according to Schultz, who said a garage door also separated itself from the structure.
The heat melted the siding of the house next door to the corner lot. However, on the other end of the home, flowers were still blooming on a vine that clung to a second-floor deck.
"I looked out and flames were coming out of everywhere, out of all the windows," she said. "The heat was so intense, I didn't go outside."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police ready to make a wardrobe change - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Derry fire displaces five - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072