Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua set to launch emergency alert system
So far, more than 250 people have already pre-registered for the free CodeRED notification system that will be activated in Nashua in about two weeks, according to Justin Kates, director of emergency management.
According to Kates, every landline phone in Nashua will be automatically subscribed to the alerts, while residents with cell phones will have to subscribe manually.
Citizens will be able to apply to as few or as many alerts as they desire, including police department postings, fire notices, road closures, power outage updates, municipal meetings and more.
“People want to know what is going on in this community. Residents, people who live in neighboring towns and people who work in Nashua want to be informed,” said Kates, who is trying to get the word out now so that as many people as possible will be able to subscribe once the system is activated.
Kates said individuals who pre-register will receive an email from the city notifying them of when the system has been activated later this month, with instructions on how to officially subscribe.
To pre-register for the system, visit www.nashuanh.gov/codered.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Weare Deputy Chief Sean Kelly set to manage Weare Police Department - 0
- Lizard in food sends 300 schoolchildren to hospital - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Communications giant chips in for generator for Derry FD - 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem