Milford High senior helps Boston bombing victims
With the help of the American Red Cross, he is doing just that.
Banuskevich, who will be a senior at Milford High School in the fall, said he was working at his job at Market Basket when friends started texting him about the bombings during the Boston Marathon on April 15.
“It happened so close to us,” he said. “I had friends down there who witnessed it. I felt like I had an obligation to do something to help.”
Banuskevich said that he recalls vague memories of the terrorist attacks on New York and Washington, D.C., on Sept. 11, 2001.
The Boston Marathon bombings brought that feeling back, said Banuskevich, but this time he is old enough to do something to make a difference.
“I believe that every little bit helps,” said Banuskevich, “and it’s important that people don’t forget what happened.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Claremont seeks alternatives to demolishing Stevens High School stage - 0
- UNH unveils new 'shield' logo - 24
- UNH lecturers seek to unionize - 7
- Jump seen in number of free, reduced-price meals at NH schools - 1
- Policy change on school milk may cut food waste - 0
- Youngsters show how they would battle 'Nature's Fury' - 0
- Exploring the dark side of social media - 0
- Winnisquam teachers OK three-year contract - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
- Are Concord school officials right to ban a parent from praying outside high school each morning?
- Total Votes: 466