Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Abuse defendant says search was illegal
Roland Dow, 27, of Plaistow appeared Friday in Rockingham County Superior Court. He is charged with abusing his girlfriend’s 3-year-old son last November. (JAMES A. KIMBLE/Union Leader Correspondent)
“You are taking in an entire universe of information,” Gleason said in court on Friday.
Police obtained a warrant for the couple’s Main Street apartment in Plaistow on Nov. 16, and obtained a second warrant specifically for the computer on Nov. 20, according to Assistant County Attorney Michael Zaino.
Zaino said the second warrant allowed police to seize “all files, documents and hard drives.”
Gleason likened the hard drive search to a situation where police came to the courthouse looking for drugs in the building, yet seized everything inside in building during their search.
“And after those seven days, you would have to close the book and can’t look at it anymore,” Wageling said.
Prosecutors have requested that the abuse charges and ones concerning the illegal recordings be consolidated into one trial.
Wageling said she expects to reach a decision within in the next couple of weeks.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say North Hampton man distributed child sex abuse images - 0
- Sexual assault charge in Keene - 0
- Keene man charged with threatening Nelson teen with gun - 0
- More details released about Nashua drive-by shooting - 0
- Portsmouth man charged with two felony drug counts - 0
- Affidavits show woman was shot as feds conducted downtown Manchester drug raid - 0
- Newton man charged with kidnapping, sexual assault of 15-year-old Mass. girl - 1
- Two felony charges for alleged Portsmouth drug dealer - 0
- Nashua man arrested in violent purse snatching - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Weekly brother gave police wrong name
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test
- Total Votes: 917