Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Nashua man accused of killing sister declared incompetent
Judge Diane Nicolosi of Hillsborough County Superior Court has ruled that Duane Rolfe, 65, is not presently competent to stand trial for the Jan. 19 killing of Judith Rolfe.
“The parties agree that there is a substantial likelihood that Mr. Rolfe can be restored to competency with appropriate medication and mental health treatment within 12 months,” says the ruling, which was issued on Wednesday.
If the defense believes that Rolfe’s competency has been restored before the next hearing in eight months, it may inform the state to expedite the case, says court records. The scheduling of a restorability hearing may be requested by either party, according to the ruling.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 9
- Newport shooting victim in stable but critical condition - 0
- Nashua arrests 9 on drug warrants - 0
- Police: Nashua man in car targeted by gunfire was felon with gun - 1
- Man shot at in Nashua drive-by charged with unrelated possession of stolen gun - 0
- NH Supreme Court rules 4 teen killers entitled to sentencing hearings - 6
- Hampton woman who fatally struck pedestrian wants blood test thrown out of court - 1
- Man seeks to upend conviction in Deerfield home invasion case - 0
- Police say North Hampton man distributed child sex abuse images - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Laconia accident results in minor injuries for motorcyclist - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Time for Market Basket to get back to business - 0
- Playing for a purpose Field Hockey Jamboree at Manchester Memorial - 0
- Franklin Pierce's Kirsh to retire as AD - 0
- UNH Wildcat gridders can't stop Toledo, 54-20 - 0
- UNH Wildcats volleyball looking forward to good season - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats' cuts hold few surprises - 0
- New-look Boston Red Sox taking test run - 0
- NH Fisher Cats bats silenced in Conn., in 3-1 loss - 0
Mount Washington Auto Road to host largest gathering of alternative-energy based vehicles in North America
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917