Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Vote raises guard's hope for pardon
"I'm staying positive about it," said Thomas Schoolcraft, 27, of Keene on Thursday. "I think it's a good thing that they voted unanimously to grant the hearing, but I did notice they made those comments about pardons being only for people where there was a miscarriage of justice."
"I do want to note that personally I think the requirement for me to support a pardon would be that there was a miscarriage of justice, not simply that the offender has turned his life around or rehabilitated his life, so I want to be cautious about setting expectations for Mr. Schoolcraft that a pardon hearing is not, in fact, a pardon."
Any linkage of a New Hampshire pardon to the outcomes in Massachusetts does not bode well for Schoolcraft, who said Massachusetts appears to have denied his request, at least for now.
Schoolcraft says such a change would be shortsighted, even though his position in Cheshire County would be grandfathered.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Newmarket man indicted on sex assault counts - 0
- Bail set at $2,000 for man accused of $1,950 check forgery - 0
- Vandal slashes holiday display but cannot deflate Christmas spirit - 0
- Mistrial declared in Keene cold-case murder trial - 0
- Grantham man gets prison in shooting death of wife - 0
- Rockingham County attorney suspension continues amid probe - 1
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate holding rare Saturday vote on Fed pick Janet Yellen - 0
- Destruction of Berlin theater is ruled arson - 0
- Brady, Suggs set to renew bitter rivalry - 0
- West, Towson look to run past Eagles - 0
- Crowley leads Dover hockey past Kingswood - 0
- Beltran, Yankees make it official - 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Ice storm threatens the region
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424