Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua house fire victim is identified
“The cause of his death is smoke inhalation. The manner of his death is still pending,” said Max Shultz, assistant state fire marshal.
“We have to wait for all of the laboratory results. It could take anywhere from one to two months to determine his manner of death,” Shultz said on Friday. “I cannot give you an origin or cause of the fire at this point.”
Shultz said Demeusy, 65, an occupant of the residence on Carlisle Road, was found in an upstairs bedroom of the charred home.
Shultz refused to comment on why the fire was so unusual, also refusing to explain the explosion that took place inside of the two-story house.
City tax records identify the property owner as Clara G. Demeusy.
Fire officials said the Demeusy family is receiving assistance from their church organization.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- State revokes license for New Hampshire childcare center amid abuse allegations - 1
- Downed wires shuts Concord street - 0
- Quick-acting Litchfield woman jumps into canoe and paddles to rescue of kayaker - 1
- Man's story about stab wound questioned by Laconia police - 0
- Two fires in Manchester - 0
- Indictments issued in fatal crashes in Dover, Barrington, Rochester - 1
- Father of missing Conway teen says he wants custody of his daughter - 0
- Mass. man safe after crashing plane into Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Lebanon police lieutenant resigns during internal probe into faking of fitness test results - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH library halts book disposal after complaints - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Valenti Modified race was top shelf - 0
- Manchester school official points to 7 weapons cases not brought to conduct committee - 0
- Edie Loeb Tomasko dies, leaves UpReach Therapeutic Riding Center legacy - 0
- Witt named UNH women’s hockey coach - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Lacrosse: Bedford boys remains focused on third title - 0
- Fisher Cats steal home, beat New Britain - 0
- Executive Council vote: Centralized immunization registry becoming a reality - 0
- Littleton music store still playing the right notes - 0
New Hampshire Club Notes
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison