Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua house fire victim is identified
“The cause of his death is smoke inhalation. The manner of his death is still pending,” said Max Shultz, assistant state fire marshal.
“We have to wait for all of the laboratory results. It could take anywhere from one to two months to determine his manner of death,” Shultz said on Friday. “I cannot give you an origin or cause of the fire at this point.”
Shultz said Demeusy, 65, an occupant of the residence on Carlisle Road, was found in an upstairs bedroom of the charred home.
Shultz refused to comment on why the fire was so unusual, also refusing to explain the explosion that took place inside of the two-story house.
City tax records identify the property owner as Clara G. Demeusy.
Fire officials said the Demeusy family is receiving assistance from their church organization.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 0
- Derry police recover stolen box for worn flags - 0
- Chief to Chef: Charlestown veteran chief leaving for food venture - 0
- Fire Marshal's Office didn't condemn school's historic stage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Slippery slide makes Monday driving tough - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072