Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua house fire victim is identified
“The cause of his death is smoke inhalation. The manner of his death is still pending,” said Max Shultz, assistant state fire marshal.
“We have to wait for all of the laboratory results. It could take anywhere from one to two months to determine his manner of death,” Shultz said on Friday. “I cannot give you an origin or cause of the fire at this point.”
Shultz said Demeusy, 65, an occupant of the residence on Carlisle Road, was found in an upstairs bedroom of the charred home.
Shultz refused to comment on why the fire was so unusual, also refusing to explain the explosion that took place inside of the two-story house.
City tax records identify the property owner as Clara G. Demeusy.
Fire officials said the Demeusy family is receiving assistance from their church organization.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Weekly brother gave police wrong name