Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua house fire victim is identified
“The cause of his death is smoke inhalation. The manner of his death is still pending,” said Max Shultz, assistant state fire marshal.
“We have to wait for all of the laboratory results. It could take anywhere from one to two months to determine his manner of death,” Shultz said on Friday. “I cannot give you an origin or cause of the fire at this point.”
Shultz said Demeusy, 65, an occupant of the residence on Carlisle Road, was found in an upstairs bedroom of the charred home.
Shultz refused to comment on why the fire was so unusual, also refusing to explain the explosion that took place inside of the two-story house.
City tax records identify the property owner as Clara G. Demeusy.
Fire officials said the Demeusy family is receiving assistance from their church organization.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police ready to make a wardrobe change - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Derry fire displaces five - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Driver was trying to kill himself
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072