Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua house fire victim is identified
“The cause of his death is smoke inhalation. The manner of his death is still pending,” said Max Shultz, assistant state fire marshal.
“We have to wait for all of the laboratory results. It could take anywhere from one to two months to determine his manner of death,” Shultz said on Friday. “I cannot give you an origin or cause of the fire at this point.”
Shultz said Demeusy, 65, an occupant of the residence on Carlisle Road, was found in an upstairs bedroom of the charred home.
Shultz refused to comment on why the fire was so unusual, also refusing to explain the explosion that took place inside of the two-story house.
City tax records identify the property owner as Clara G. Demeusy.
Fire officials said the Demeusy family is receiving assistance from their church organization.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 3
- Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 1
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'