Home » News » Public Safety
Londonderry’s drivers can expect some detours on Litchfield Road
With summer in full swing, Londonderry's summer road projects are now underway. Work on Litchfield Road began July 1 and is expected to continue through the summer. (APRIL GUILMET/Union Leader Correspondent)
Plans for the project, which will replace an entire section of worn-out roadway, were announced earlier this spring, giving locals plenty of time to prepare, Assistant Public Works Director John Trottier said last week.
The stretch of roadway between Misty Lane and High Range Road will be closed periodically throughout the next few months, with traffic detours to be put into effect at those times.
Another portion of Litchfield Road had been repaired last summer, as well as repairs on Auburn and Wilson roads.
The current fiscal year began July 1.
Resident Mary Tetreau said traffic was a bit slower than normal while traveling down Pillsbury Road earlier this week, where work crews were installing a new guardrail near Ash Street.
Those with questions about the summer road repair program may contact the Londonderry Public Works Department at 432-1100, ext. 193.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads