Home » Sports » Motor Sports
Second-place Bowyer would like a win
However, in the case of the No. 15 Michael Waltrip Racing Toyota driver Clint Bowyer and his crew chief Brian Pattie, they would prefer to have some trips to Victory Lane thrown in for good measure . and perhaps a little peace of mind.
In September 2007, Bowyer claimed his first NASCAR Sprint Cup Series victory at the 1.058-mile oval. Three years later, he won there again. In 14 starts, he has two victories, four top fives and six tops 10s. He has led more laps (475) at New Hampshire than at any other track on the schedule, which is the second-highest total among drivers trailing only Tony Stewart's 887.
He's also experienced success throughout the first half of the season, especially over the past month, where he has four consecutive top-10 finishes: seventh (Michigan), fifth (Sonoma), third (Kentucky) and fourth (Daytona). Bowyer hasn't finished outside the top 20 since Auto Club in March, a streak of 13 races.
FANTASY FOCUS: This weekend at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, Jeff Gordon is a solid choice for any fantasy team. Over the past 16 races, he has the second-highest driver rating (109.9) and leads all active drivers in average running position (7.2), quality passes (562), fastest laps (410) and laps in the top 15 (4,333). In addition, he has three wins, 16 top fives, 21 top 10s and four poles in 36 races. Tony Stewart is also worth consideration with three wins, 14 top fives, 17 top 10s and one pole in 28 races. Additionally, he has the best passing differential (212), most laps led (887) and highest driver rating (111.7) among all active drivers. Denny Hamlin will be racing for more than just a win, but a spot in the Chase, so don't count him out. He has the highest average finishing position (7.9) and is the reigning NASCAR Sprint Cup race winner at the track, where he's claimed two victories.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Shaheen, Ayotte on opposite sides of procedural vote on budget compromise - 3
- Snow slows NH rush hour; cancels many evening events - 1
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
- NH ranks first in controlling infectious disease, according to report - 1
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Knife-wielding robbers target two stores in Manchester - 2
Plaistow lawyer indicted in fatal boat crash
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos