Home » Sports » Motor Sports
NHMS Notebook: Newman looking for a new ride
Kevin Harvick and Stewart-Hass Racing made it official in a press conference at New Hampshire Motor Speedway on Friday afternoon: Harvick is joining Tony Stewart and his race team for the 2014 season and he’s bringing his Budweiser sponsorship along with him.
“No, we are not ready to expand to a fourth team,” Stewart said. “Unfortunately, this will be the last year that we have Ryan with us. That’s probably what has made this a bittersweet day. I’m bringing in another one of my friends to the organization, but also knowing that I’m losing a friend at the end of the year.”
Stewart is 10th in points and has a win, Newman is 16th and 11 points out of 11th place, and Patrick, in her first full-time Cup season, is 25th.
Kligerman, who is in his first fulltime Nationwide season, sits eighth in the points standings going into today’s race. He will be signing autographs at the North American Power booth on Sunday from 10 a.m. to noon.
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 4
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0