Construction begins on new residence hall at St. Anselm College
The new four-story, 47,000-square-foot building will be near the Bertrand and Brady halls and will accommodate 150 students.
"We had this building on the drawing board, but decided to put it on hiatus at that point," Horton said. "We decided that was the most prudent course."
While preliminary drawings show a building that will mirror others on campus, with a brick exterior that reflects a more traditional feel, the interior will be more modern.
"Living and learning communities essentially bring academic life into the residential environment," he said. "It softens the barrier between the two."
"Part of the Benedictine tradition is to balance different aspects of life," Horton said. "This really adheres to that concept."
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Six NH Air National Guardsmen off to Kuwait for 6 months - 1
- For one NH soldier returning from Afghanistan, a special greeting - 2
- More than 100 NH Guardsmen returning from Afghanistan - 0
- New Hampshire armories are running out of room - 0
- Pease Greeters continue to gather for troops in transit - 10
- 'Freedom Salute' honors NH Guard unit for saving lives - 0
- 169th Medevac: 19 soldiers return from nine months in Afghanistan - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 7
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 3
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief