Flooding tab tops $7 million in Lebanon
Reconstructing Slayton Hill will cost $3.4 million with an additional $900,000 for other highway infrastructure. The city's airport sustained road washouts, detention pond failure and buckling of pavement in the rear areas of the hangar facilities, with damage totaling $1.7 million. It will cost an estimated $300,000 to restore Storrs Hills and up to $50,000 to repair damage at Goodwin Park, according to the city manager's office Friday.
The weather also caused an estimated $400,000 in damage to Rivermere Community Housing.
As of Wednesday, the city spent about $137,000 on emergency response and temporary fixes needed to protect health and human safety following the July 2 flooding. Officials expect that number to increase.
The parking lot at Riverside Park washed out, causing around $2,000 in damage. The landfill sustained about $100,000 in damage from road washouts and destruction of two monitoring wells. City Hall and the library both experienced small leaks totaling around $5,000. There was about $7,000 related to water mains on Meriden Road, according to the city.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 6.0 earthquake strikes California wine country - 0
- Heavy rain saturates NH in a matter of two hours - 1
- Flash flood warning issued for Southern New Hampshire - 0
- Rare tornado touches down in Revere, Mass., no deaths reported - 0
- Severe weather strikes across Granite State - 0
- Restaurant foundation destabilized by high water raises Route 3 Bridge, downtown Colebrook flooding concerns - 0
- Winchester roads ravaged by heavy rain - 0
- Despite heavy rains, tornado warning, Nashua OK - 0
- Wild weather strikes Granite State - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPS driver charged in hit-and-run at Merrimack business - 0
- Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children - 1
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Manchester man detained on Nashua rape charges involving child - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?