Flooding tab tops $7 million in Lebanon
Reconstructing Slayton Hill will cost $3.4 million with an additional $900,000 for other highway infrastructure. The city's airport sustained road washouts, detention pond failure and buckling of pavement in the rear areas of the hangar facilities, with damage totaling $1.7 million. It will cost an estimated $300,000 to restore Storrs Hills and up to $50,000 to repair damage at Goodwin Park, according to the city manager's office Friday.
The weather also caused an estimated $400,000 in damage to Rivermere Community Housing.
As of Wednesday, the city spent about $137,000 on emergency response and temporary fixes needed to protect health and human safety following the July 2 flooding. Officials expect that number to increase.
The parking lot at Riverside Park washed out, causing around $2,000 in damage. The landfill sustained about $100,000 in damage from road washouts and destruction of two monitoring wells. City Hall and the library both experienced small leaks totaling around $5,000. There was about $7,000 related to water mains on Meriden Road, according to the city.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 6.0 earthquake strikes California wine country - 0
- Heavy rain saturates NH in a matter of two hours - 1
- Flash flood warning issued for Southern New Hampshire - 0
- Rare tornado touches down in Revere, Mass., no deaths reported - 0
- Severe weather strikes across Granite State - 0
- Restaurant foundation destabilized by high water raises Route 3 Bridge, downtown Colebrook flooding concerns - 0
- Winchester roads ravaged by heavy rain - 0
- Despite heavy rains, tornado warning, Nashua OK - 0
- Wild weather strikes Granite State - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Review of West High intruder case to be behind closed doors - 0
- Another View -- Daniel Barrick: Manchester's schools face some serious challenges - 0
- Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance - 0
- Representing whom? Jeanne Shaheen, leftist icon - 0
- Chiefly, Pats are horrible in Monday night blowout in K.C. - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Double-overtime goal sends Goffstown past John Stark in boys' soccer - 0
- UNH gridders jump one spot in national polls - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Offseason needs aplenty - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey: Merrill's hat trick lifts Winnacunnet - 0
Dredging planned for Milford's Osgood Pond
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance