Flooding tab tops $7 million in Lebanon
Reconstructing Slayton Hill will cost $3.4 million with an additional $900,000 for other highway infrastructure. The city's airport sustained road washouts, detention pond failure and buckling of pavement in the rear areas of the hangar facilities, with damage totaling $1.7 million. It will cost an estimated $300,000 to restore Storrs Hills and up to $50,000 to repair damage at Goodwin Park, according to the city manager's office Friday.
The weather also caused an estimated $400,000 in damage to Rivermere Community Housing.
As of Wednesday, the city spent about $137,000 on emergency response and temporary fixes needed to protect health and human safety following the July 2 flooding. Officials expect that number to increase.
The parking lot at Riverside Park washed out, causing around $2,000 in damage. The landfill sustained about $100,000 in damage from road washouts and destruction of two monitoring wells. City Hall and the library both experienced small leaks totaling around $5,000. There was about $7,000 related to water mains on Meriden Road, according to the city.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 6.0 earthquake strikes California wine country - 0
- Heavy rain saturates NH in a matter of two hours - 1
- Flash flood warning issued for Southern New Hampshire - 0
- Rare tornado touches down in Revere, Mass., no deaths reported - 0
- Severe weather strikes across Granite State - 0
- Restaurant foundation destabilized by high water raises Route 3 Bridge, downtown Colebrook flooding concerns - 0
- Winchester roads ravaged by heavy rain - 0
- Despite heavy rains, tornado warning, Nashua OK - 0
- Wild weather strikes Granite State - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Not your standard victory - 0
- Diane Foley is a lady of extraordinary elegance - 0
- Mayor's police contract veto may face override in Nashua - 0
- Havenstein to unveil 'Pledge 2.0' today, saying, 'I won't spend money we don't have' - 1
- Motivation Matters: Hey, boss! How am I doing? - 0
- Big Idea Group a startup breeding ground - 0
- North Country summit to highlight job creation - 0
- Food stamp loophole not a go in NH - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Everett Pollard: Mount Sunapee's master plan will benefit whole region - 0
7 hikers rescued from Pawtuckaway
Food stamp loophole not a go in NH
Foreclosure relief clinic Oct. 1 in Derry
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem