Flooding tab tops $7 million in Lebanon
Reconstructing Slayton Hill will cost $3.4 million with an additional $900,000 for other highway infrastructure. The city's airport sustained road washouts, detention pond failure and buckling of pavement in the rear areas of the hangar facilities, with damage totaling $1.7 million. It will cost an estimated $300,000 to restore Storrs Hills and up to $50,000 to repair damage at Goodwin Park, according to the city manager's office Friday.
The weather also caused an estimated $400,000 in damage to Rivermere Community Housing.
As of Wednesday, the city spent about $137,000 on emergency response and temporary fixes needed to protect health and human safety following the July 2 flooding. Officials expect that number to increase.
The parking lot at Riverside Park washed out, causing around $2,000 in damage. The landfill sustained about $100,000 in damage from road washouts and destruction of two monitoring wells. City Hall and the library both experienced small leaks totaling around $5,000. There was about $7,000 related to water mains on Meriden Road, according to the city.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Powerful storm lashes eastern U.S. with snow, arctic cold - 0
- Forecasters say true to form, March will come in like a lion - 0
- NWS: North Country flooding risk near normal for now - 0
- Device may help solve weighty problem - 0
- Frequent snowstorms taking a toll on Manchester's plowing budget - 1
- After-school activities canceled in New Boston, Goffstown and Dunbarton - 0
- Pembroke extends parking ban - 0
- Latest storm will make it a short day for many students - 3
- Here we go again... Fast-moving storm headed to Granite State - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth