Bedford LLers cruise to District I win
Bedford erupted for 10 runs in the third inning, highlighted by a trio of three-run home runs, en route to a 19-1 win over Salem in District I tournament play.
"We're cautious. We did this two years ago against Rye. We beat them 14-1 and then we ended up losing the championship," Bedford coach Tim Destafani said. "We have to be cautious. This is a very good Salem team. We expect a much different result Monday."
Alex Douidi started things with a walk, Noah Lavalle doubled and Justin O'Neill homered to left field to make it 8-0.
Bedford scored three more runs in the second, with two of them coming on bases loaded walks. Salem scored its run in the bottom of the third on an error that scored Jake Emerson. Bedford then added three in the fourth to make it 19-1.
Salem will look to put the game behind them and regroup for Monday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
- Triumphant Boston celebrates Series in grand style - 0
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 4
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
Push to block casino in NH ramping up