Home » Sports » Motor Sports
Hampstead's Seuss fourth in Whelen Modified race
His previous-best finish at NHMS was a seventh last July. He ran third or fourth for most of Saturday's race.
Seuss, who is working for his engine builder in North Carolina, is tied for third place in points on the Whelen Southern Modified tour.
He likely won't be at the Modified race when NASCAR returns here in September, because of a scheduling conflict with the Southern tour.
Doug Coby won the Town Fair Tire race, which featured a record 34 lead changes.Ted Christopher was second and Ryan Preece, who had won the last three races in the series, was third.
Veteran Ken Schrader will drive for North Haverhill native Frank Stoddard Jr. on Sunday and start 37th in the Camping World RV Sales Sprint Cup 301.
Stoddard's team has finished in the top 20 twice in the last three races and has used a different driver in each event.Boris Said was 18th on the road course at Sonoma, Schrader was 29th at Kentucky and Terry Labonte was 19th at Daytona last week.
Schrader, 58, has three races left for Stoddard, including at Homestead in the season finale, and said that will likely close out his Cup career.
He intends to continue racing his dirt car.
Stoddard said he is not yet sure who will drive his No. 32 Ford when the series returns here in September.
The mission of the organization is to "inspire, mobilize and empower the 'NASCAR Nation' to directly improve the lives of children and families with life-altering needs in their communities," according to a release.
Other Foundation events this year are scheduled around races at Michigan International Speedway (Aug. 18), Atlanta Motor Speedway (Sept. 1), Charlotte Motor Speedway (Oct.12) and Phoenix International Raceway (Nov. 10).
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Liberals are culture war aggressors - 0
- Bruce Berke: A minimum wage hike would hurt NH's young people - 37
- Patrick J. Buchanan: Does the future belong to Asia? - 0
- David Harsanyi : What the Pope gets wrong about capitalism - 5
- Bob Witkop: Obama is not the only one to blame for Obamacare - 28
- Jonah Goldberg: Coming to grips with the rise of the machines - 5
- George Will: The choices we have on Iran - 0
- Roger Simon: We should not be in Afghanistan next year - 3
- Charles Krauthammer: America in retreat, allies abandoned - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false