NORTH WOODSTOCK — Rookie Bobby Therrien of Hinesburg, Vt., set a blistering pace on his way to his first career American Canadian Tour win in the 150-lap event at White Mountain Motorsports Park on Saturday night. Therrien led all but two of the 150 laps. Therrien and second-place finisher Brock Davis, of Whitefield, broke away from the field following the lap 44 caution and built a large lead while negotiating heavy lap traffic.
Current ACT point leader Wayne Helliwell, Jr., of Dover, worked his way up from his ninth starting position to third but couldn’t catch the lead two. Brent Dragon took fourth while Joey Polewarczyk, Jr., of Hudson, came all the way from 18th to complete the top five.
Therrien and Davis built a nearly half-track lead over the rest of the field during the final 106 laps under green. Therrien crossed the line 40 minutes and 38 seconds after the green flag.
Therrien becomes the 9th ACT Bond Invitational qualifier for the Saturday, Sept. 21 event at New Hampshire Motor Speedway.
The stars of the American Canadian Tour will now set their sights on the biggest stock car event of the summer, the ACT International 500 next Sunday at Airborne Speedway in Plattsburgh, N.Y.
White Mountain 150
American Canadian Tour
At White Mountain Motorsports Park
1. (1) Bobby Therrien, Hinesburg, Vt., 150 Laps
2. (3) Brock Davis, Whitefield, 150 Laps
3. (9) Wayne Helliwell, Jr., Dover, 150 Laps
4. (8) Brent Dragon, Milton, Vt., 150 Laps
5. (18) Joey Polewarczyk, Jr., Hudson, 150 Laps
6. (12) Jimmy Hebert, Williamstown, Vt., 150 Laps
7. (20) Ben Lynch, Huntersville, N.C., 150 Laps
8. (13) Glen Luce, Turner, Maine, 150 Laps
9. (2) Jeff White, Winthrop, Maine, 150 Laps
10. (14) Quinten Welch, Lancaster, 150 LapsLap Leaders: Bobby Therrien, 1-44; Brock Davis, 45-46; Therrien, 47-150.Time of Race: 40:38Margin of Victory: 1.296 secondsCautions: 1 (lap 44)Heat Winners: Ray Parent, Jimmy Hebert, Glen LuceConsi Winner: Ben Lynch