Plymouth State University project will help provide insight into NH water quality
Left to right, Plymouth State University environmental science and policy graduate students Ashley Hyde and Matt Bartley collect water samples in the Pemigewasset River in Plymouth last week. (COURTESY)
They won't be using cameras, they'll be taking water samples as part of a new Plymouth State University-led project aimed at improving the understanding of the state's water resources and providing data to be used by resource managers, state agencies, researchers, and educators.
PSU is believed to be the first to organize such an effort in the state, according to Bruce Lyndes, PSU's media relations manager.
The sampling is part of a larger project funded by the National Science Foundation through a cooperative agreement with the New Hampshire Experimental Program to Stimulate Competitive Research.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jonah Goldberg: There was a time when we stood up to threats against free speech - 0
- Why I voted against the 'CRomnibus' spending bill - 18
- Another View -- Devon Chaffee: Why interrogators believe America should never torture - 2
- David Harsanyi: GOP establishment, stop whining - 0
- John Stossel: Individual giving beats government giving - 3
- BANANAS and NH's energy needs - 5
- Gruber should have been Time's 'Person of the Year' - 5
- In NH, overhunting of RINOs is causing problems - 24
- Another View -- Shawn Jasper: It is time to get to work for the people of NH - 16
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'