Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Nashua man charged with making mom drive him to Mass. drug house
Salem police arrested Shaun Driscoll, 28, in the Walmart parking lot shortly after 2:30 p.m. on Saturday after a store employee summoned them to the scene.
The unidentified 67-year-old woman told police her son had held her inside her home since the previous day, threatened her with a knife and locked her in the bathroom for eight hours early Saturday morning before forcing her to drive him to an ATM to withdraw cash, then over the border to Lawrence to buy heroin.
After making his drug purchase, Driscoll allegedly ordered his mother to drive him to Walmart, telling her to stay by his side or else he would kill her with his knife, according to Salem Deputy Police Chief Shaun Patten.
Patten said the victim was able to make a quick getaway when Driscoll meandered into the gun section to check out the firearms displays, giving her just enough time to summon a store employee for help.
Attempting to flee the scene in his mother's car, Driscoll was apprehended by two Salem police officers in the upper parking area.
A search of the victim's vehicle revealed a bayonet knife.
Driscoll, whose bail for the Salem charges was set at $2,000, faces charges of criminal restraint, unauthorized use of a motor vehicle and criminal threatening with a deadly weapon.
He was later turned over to the Nashua Police Department where more charges are pending.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 0
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 3
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 1
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 9
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon
Rondo leads Celtics past Nets
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief