Home » News » Public Safety
Serious injuries in Route 3A wreck in Hudson
Shortly before 11 a.m. on Monday morning, Hudson police and fire crews were summoned to the accident scene on Route 3A, near Pelham Road.
A second ambulance was called to the scene 10 minutes later.
According to local police, several witnesses reported seeing the driver of the Honda turn left onto Pelham Road, right in the path of the oncoming the red truck. The truck, which was pulling a small trailer, was unable to stop in time and struck the Honda.
The Honda's driver, who apparently wasn’t wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash, suffered injuries described as serious after the vehicle was forced across the intersection, coming to rest on the side of Lowell Road.
The victim, who police didn't identify pending notification of family, suffered a head injury and lacerations and was transported to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center in Nashua.
The truck's four occupants, believed to have suffered minor injuries and possible shock, were taken to St. Joseph's Hospital in Nashua as a precaution.
The crash remains under investigation by the Hudson Police Department.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Merrimack fire quickly doused - 0
- UPDATED: One seriously hurt, 12 homeless after early morning Manchester fire - 0
- Snowmobiler injured while riding on Thornton golf course - 0
- Dartmouth under fire for response to incidents of rape on campus - 0
- NH hospital personnel to train for disasters - 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
- Most property owners clear hydrants of snow - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parents share what 'CJ' taught them - 0
- Gilford High junior surprised by Francis Wayland Parker honor - 0
- Police bill disputed by Stewartstown and Colebrook ends up in court - 0
- New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay - 0
- Arts-based charter high school in Derry begins accepting applications - 0
- Troy voters accept community center donation - 0
- Voters support Bow School District articles - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Nashua mayor: Greeley Park is right spot for playground - 0
Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting
New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay
Litchfield man found stabbed
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents