Home » News » Public Safety
Serious injuries in Route 3A wreck in Hudson
Shortly before 11 a.m. on Monday morning, Hudson police and fire crews were summoned to the accident scene on Route 3A, near Pelham Road.
A second ambulance was called to the scene 10 minutes later.
According to local police, several witnesses reported seeing the driver of the Honda turn left onto Pelham Road, right in the path of the oncoming the red truck. The truck, which was pulling a small trailer, was unable to stop in time and struck the Honda.
The Honda's driver, who apparently wasn’t wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash, suffered injuries described as serious after the vehicle was forced across the intersection, coming to rest on the side of Lowell Road.
The victim, who police didn't identify pending notification of family, suffered a head injury and lacerations and was transported to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center in Nashua.
The truck's four occupants, believed to have suffered minor injuries and possible shock, were taken to St. Joseph's Hospital in Nashua as a precaution.
The crash remains under investigation by the Hudson Police Department.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Fire destroys South Hampton barn - 0
- Boy out walking hit, injured by Jeep in Newton - 0
- Police investigating why Maine woman died in Somersworth apartment - 0
- Body found floating in Portsmouth - 0
- Spofford crash seriously injures two - 0
- Fire destroys barn in South Hampton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs yet to flip switch on power play - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: A.J. Pierzynski OK with Red Sox - 0
- Nashua aldermanic committee votes to help soup kitchen - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown cites NH as example of Obamacare 'trainwreck,' will keynote NHGOP event
Thomas Sowell: Victimhood and race
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072