Epping official: Remains at cemetery undisturbed
After researching concerns about the condition of the Dow Cemetery, Jerry Langdon, chairman of the town’s cemetery trustees, told selectmen last week that no bodies have been touched.Langdon began researching when concerns about the cemetery were raised by some residents and town officials after it appeared the cemetery had been dug up in spots.
Langdon told selectmen last month that he didn’t believe any of the grave sites had been disturbed, but he conducted further research over the past month to confirm his belief.
“Monuments haven’t been removed at least in the last 25 years. It had nothing to do with the Thayers owning that property,” Langdon said last week.
But it’s unclear where those stones belong and how they ended up at the Leddy Cemetery. The Thayers have said they believe the Dows are buried in the cemetery along Dimond Hill Road, but Langdon said last week that the town has no documentation of who is buried there.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies - 5
- Editorial: Jim Adams The GOP choice in Council Dist. 4 - 0
- NH's immigrants: Welcome the ones from Mass. - 13
- Pope’s call-out Where’s the Muslim outrage? - 5
- Free state garden: Weeding is always good - 29
- August recess: Whither our NH representatives? - 1
- Portsmouth saga: Was this 'Officer Too-Friendly?' - 1
- Armed to the teeth, national media discover Bearcats - 21
- Market Basket fallout: Most innocent bystanders - 14
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 7
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
ISIS beheads NH journalist