Epping official: Remains at cemetery undisturbed
After researching concerns about the condition of the Dow Cemetery, Jerry Langdon, chairman of the town’s cemetery trustees, told selectmen last week that no bodies have been touched.Langdon began researching when concerns about the cemetery were raised by some residents and town officials after it appeared the cemetery had been dug up in spots.
Langdon told selectmen last month that he didn’t believe any of the grave sites had been disturbed, but he conducted further research over the past month to confirm his belief.
“Monuments haven’t been removed at least in the last 25 years. It had nothing to do with the Thayers owning that property,” Langdon said last week.
But it’s unclear where those stones belong and how they ended up at the Leddy Cemetery. The Thayers have said they believe the Dows are buried in the cemetery along Dimond Hill Road, but Langdon said last week that the town has no documentation of who is buried there.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ian Clark's Monarchs Notebook: Berube makes most of his shot - 0
- Red-hot Monarchs top Wolf Pack on the road - 0
- Deslauriers comes through in the Nick of time for Monarchs - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Rookie makes most of chance - 0
- Monarchs cut Ullrich - 0
- Monarchs fall in Sunday shootout - 0
- Sabourin's two goals pace Monarchs past P-Bruins - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' 'kids' get job done - 0
- Monarchs roll past Sharks, 4-1 - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 1
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown cites NH as example of Obamacare 'trainwreck,' will keynote NHGOP event